Madrid - Engineering - Full time
All-terrain, 4X4… call it however you want but we are looking for a full stack engineer. A person who says “been there, done that” every-single-time. We are not a corporate or a huge team, we are a small, packed, shredded one and that is why it is very important for us to keep it simple, clean and lean. You’ll be part of the API/backend team, lead by our CTO aka Mastermind. Cool guy, you’ll see.
Daily, weekly and monthly meetings help us to keep all member of the team in the loop and allow others to help each other when there is a block, a barrier or an enemy to be killed.
We work with a super flexible schedule. If you feel like working from home some days, feel free. Besides that, we do not have X days of holidays, take as many as you need. We just love the "Get Shit Done" philosophy.
If you think you are analytical, creative, adaptative, entrepreneurial and willing to live on the edge, please keep reading, you are going to like this.
What you'll be doing:
- Valeet is an extremely complex logistical machine, and you will be working on the infrastructure that powers it all.
- The master engine at the heart of our company, is our version of Air Traffic Control.
- Data visualizations and in-depth analytics dashboards.
- Web portals for both our customers, and our growing valet staff. This can range from viewing recent parks/receipts, to scheduling and community building tools for our constantly growing valet workforce.
- Within a growing micro services architecture, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the core platform in coordination with the API team as well as the other teams within the engineering department
- The services are mostly written in Node.js and use MongoDB as main storage layer. You will be in charge of implementing complex, data centered pieces of logic within our powerful logistics engine and expose those on our APIs in respect of the best practices
- The platform requires a particular attention on performances given the complexity of the data structures and the amount of requests the server are handling each day. You will be responsible for well testing your code (unit tests, integration tests, load tests) and propose/implement performance improvements.
- Ability to work in an highly asynchronous environment
- Deep knowledge of HTTP standards and best practices
- Solid understanding of MongoDB
- Familiarity with version control tools (GIT, SVN)
- Good communication
- Team player
- Data centric mind
- Solid testing skills and best practices
- Experience with large-scale metrics and monitoring
- You are relentless in solving problems
- Experience with distributed systems fundamentals
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud platforms
- Strong background in computer science and algorithms BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Data driven, you flourish in a distributed concurrent environment, and are able to identify issues with lightning precision
What will make you successful:
- You’re a self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running
- You work equally well on your own as you do iterating and ideating in a group setting
- You communicate clearly and want to work with people across many different disciplines
- You can give feedback freely and accept it graciously
- You’re passionate about what you do
- You thrive on a feeling of ownership of the product you are building
- You've never let not knowing a framework, a language, or discipline stop you from diving in and owning a project.
Salary range: 30k € - 42k €
We are Valeet. The startup who developed the first Spanish on-demand valet parking app where and when you want it. Let us put it in other words; you have a car, you love to drive, you hate to park. We just take parking out of the equation. Simple as fuck.
Valeet is considered as one of the hottest startup in 2018. We have an incredible future ahead. The roadmap includes open other markets like Barcelona & London by the end of the year.
We have a philosophy; have fun doing whatever you do. That is why we take hiring very seriously.